Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shama Competition at 159 AMK on 13 Feb 2011

I very much wanted to go on that day but i over slept. Only to wake up 11.45am !

Well, at first i tell myself.. just another competition out of so many in a year, no big deal i can always try harder the next round... Thats me when it comes to play stuff, always take it easy.. to live and survive in our country is stress enough so hobby should not be that way too right?

BUT !!!! That nite after knowing what happen i almost bang myself on the wall! I miss the most important competition ! For the last almost three years of Shamahood, i have been told by many old bird keeper not to waste time n effort on captive long tail shama. They claim those are just for display can't really compete in competition. But but but !!! I still go ahead and get myself some of those "captive bred long tail" .

Why? The reason is because i believe that its the character of the birds that makes the difference and not where they are being breed. As for the tail, yes i agree that the longer the tail the bigger the burden for the birds.. but i still rather  keep a long tail aka White Rumped Shama with a long tail ! That is why in hokkien they are called "long tail" mah!

Now it is even better! The birds has prove to all of us ! Both captive bred shama came in top ! I am glad that all the bad rumours about captive bred Shama has to come to a stop as not one but two of them came in Champion!

How i wish i was there on that day! It must be very beautiful to see their tail display.. Sigh! Hope the Owners of both birds ( Mr David and Mr Micheal) spare more time to join more competition in future so that people like me can watch and learn what a real good shama should achieve. Altough right now i am breeding them just for fun but i would like to go even further into it. To be able to improve my shama quality in years to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment