Saturday, February 19, 2011

Machie and Demure's baby out of nest box

As their Care giver, i am really very happy to see the four chicks emerge from their nest! All four seems very healthy and very well fed.

i went into the room twice today, feeling all the tension in the room! To me, this is a very important signal that the parents are sending out to me...

At this moment, don't try to go near any of the chicks or spending too much time checking on one single chicks as this might cause trouble for that little ones. As i am still very new to birds breeding i might be wrong at this.. but somehow i can feel if i try, the parent might abandon chicks.

Machie and Demure has never react so aggressive towards me before and both of them did it today!

Best thing to do is, top up all food supplies and get out of the room ! The morning top up is just the regular amount but i increase the evening to double so that tomorrow morning i only got to peep and check supplies without much stress causing to them..

Kinda sad as i can't sit in and watch them like what i use to do on the first batch. I guess both parents has matured from their last nest and start learning how to protect their chicks... this is some how nature that build in them, no matter how tame our bird is before its not gonna change much when their parent instinct kicks in... !

So i guess so call captive bred ruins nature instinct thingy is not that true after all... Why is it so ? Cos i felt i have lost my super tame Machie ever since he become a father... he is just like a wild bird, keeping his distance from me, chasing me out of his room and evening try to attack me when my hand go in to top up food : (

No comments:

Post a Comment