Saturday, October 22, 2011

molting process

This is one of gutsy's chick before molt. And! I don't know why i can't place the pic properly ! :(



The same chick finishing the body and started growing tails...



During the molting period, i will be more careful with their diet.. Always remind myself NOT to over do anything, for example i use to increase their Vits by a lot. Well, i think most of us made this mistake before as we "care" too much! But the out come actually not very good for my case. I don't know about other shama keepers, for my birds they are reluctant to eat the food after i increase their Vitamins... i guess it could be drastic change of taste that put them out. So poor appetite equals to lousy molt ! Now a days, i only increase by 10-15% for the Vitamins while paying close attenton to their appetite and increase lots of live fish and frog, i notice during this time they prefer them : )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pang, thanks a lot for your sharing in molting process. I again start keeping shama chicks this year(after 10 years), I have 2 with me and they are now in molting. And the old gun (10years old) is molting too.

    ReplyDelete